Unity Plugin Update – 3D tracking, new sample app and more!
Update (August 2017): A developer insight into Wikitde SDK 7 – Object recognition, multi-target tracking and SLAM based instant tracking
The Wikitude development team has just released an update to our Unity plugin!
Being Wikitude’s #1 plugin since its first release, this upgrade adds a number of cool features to our native SDK, including the long-awaited 3D tracking and a new sample app!
So here it is, the new Unity plugin 1.2.1-1.1.0 (read: Plugin version 1.1.0 including Wikitude SDK 1.2.1) is now available for download and free trial to our developer community!
- Upgrade to Wikitude SDK (Native API) 1.2.1
- 3D Tracking
- Extended Tracking quality indicator
- Camera Controls (back/front camera)
- Callbacks are now Unity Events
- New Unity Plugin Reference included
- Improved and extended documentation
- New Unity based sample app for Android and iOS
- Several bug fixes and stability improvements
Note that due to the changes the upgrade requires some migration steps to be followed. A step-by-step migration guide is available to upgrade your Unity-based apps!
The update is free for all existing Unity Plugin users and available for Android and iOS apps.
To see the full release notes and set up guide check out the Unity documentation section.