March 21, 2016
Unity Plugin Update – 3D tracking, new sample app and more!
Update (August 2017): A developer insight into Wikitde SDK 7 – Object recognition, multi-target tracking and SLAM based instant tracking
The Wikitude development team has just released an update to our Unity plugin! Being Wikitude’s #1 plugin since its first release, this upgrade adds a number of cool features to our native SDK, including the long-awaited 3D tracking and a new sample app! So here it is, the new Unity plugin 1.2.1-1.1.0 (read: Plugin version 1.1.0 including Wikitude SDK 1.2.1) is now available for download and free trial to our developer community!
- Upgrade to Wikitude SDK (Native API) 1.2.1
- 3D Tracking
- Extended Tracking quality indicator
- Camera Controls (back/front camera)
- Callbacks are now Unity Events
- New Unity Plugin Reference included
- Improved and extended documentation
- New Unity based sample app for Android and iOS
- Several bug fixes and stability improvements