Augmented Reality SDK for Unity
Wikitude offers a free plugin package to include marker or markerless (SLAM) augmented reality experiences into Unity-based mobile apps and games.Unity is a cross-platform game engine and one of the world’s most popular platforms for mobile game development. Integrating Wikitude’s computer vision engine, this plugin enables you to augment interactive 3D content in real time on your mobile device.
The Unity 3D plugin is based on Wikitude’s versatile Native SDK, allowing developers to build for both Android and iOS apps. Wikitude’s markerless AR SDK includes Instant tracking and Extended Tracking features.
If you are looking for an AR development framework to build amazing AR experiences, we have you covered. Download and get started with the Unity documentation and Unity 3D video tutorials.
Quick Product Facts
- Free trial version with full feature set
- Wraps Wikitude’s Native SDK in a Unity Plugin
- Allows fast integration of Wikitude’s computer vision into games and apps
- Works cross-platform
- Offline & cloud image recognition and tracking
- Object recognition and tracking
- Instant tracking (simultaneous localization and mapping)
- Also compatible with Wikitude’s online Cloud Recognition
- Supports Unity 5.4.0 or higher
- Support for location-based AR is not available
The Unity Plugin wraps all features from the Wikitude Native API into your app. It combines the powerful Wikitude SDK Native engine with the popular 3D capabilities of Unity, providing a full augmented reality solution for computer-vision based use-cases.
Wikitude’s plugin includes a view that displays the live camera image from the mobile phone or smart-glasses and tracks it relative to the recognized target image. From there, the plugin handles all the camera communication! The augmented reality view can be fully customized to display any kind of media as overlays. Download and try out the Unity Plugin Setup Guide and sample app today! Support via the Wikitude forum.