# Version history
# Wikitude SDK 9.10.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-08-24
- Update gradle version from 3.6.0 to 4.2
- Upgrade ARCore version to 1.24
- Version upgrade of openssl, curl and FreeImage
- Support for modified PNG files with a CgBI signature
# Wikitude SDK 9.9.1 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-07-27
- Fixed an issue where Live Preview on Windows would not work because of licensing issues
# Wikitude SDK 9.9.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-07-01
- Ended support for Android 5.1. Android 6.0 is now the new minimum supported version
# Wikitude SDK 9.8.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-05-18
- Unity minimum supported version is now 2020.3 LTS
- New sample Runtime Tracker
- Improved tracking precision when using AR Foundation
- Fixed an issue where the Target Scale value for Object Targets was not normalized and had an incorrect transformation
- Fixed rare error that occurred when using the LivePreview mode with Remote Camera
# Wikitude SDK 9.7.1 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-04-28
- Issue where the point cloud of a wto was rendered incorrectly in Unity Editor (wrongly rotated)
# Wikitude SDK 9.7.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-04-06
Object Trackablecomponent's inspector got additional preview options to visualize 3D geometry included in a 3D model based object target.
- Verified for Unity version 2020.3 LTS
- Improved tracking performance for Object Targets from 3D models (beta) for low-textured objects
- If a point cloud preview for an object target is enabled, but at least one Scene View in the Unity Editor has Particle Systems disabled, there is a warning shown and an option to enable Particle Systems in all Scene Views.
- Fixed a bug that slowed down performance of tracking 3D model based object targets in the Unity Editor on Windows.
- The URP Helper's missing reference errors have been fixed.
Live Previewcomponent doesn't throw an empty quaternion rotation error during testing with the Unity Remote application anymore.
# Wikitude SDK 9.6.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2021-02-23
- The Wikitude SDK Unity Plugin has been split up into several packages (see Migration Guide and the updated Setup Guide for details)
- Support for AR Foundation Editor Remote Plugin
- Object Tracking from 3D models (beta) have been improved in accuracy and tracking quality for objects with a more complex geometry.
- Accuracy and tracking quality for cylinder targets that don't span the entire cylinder improved significantly.
- On some Android devices camera access is improved when Camera2 API is not available
- Cylinder targets with portrait references are correctly calculated
- Camera frame rendering in Unity Editor Live Preview on Windows with
# Known Issues
- The URP Helper reports a missing reference upon calling it. After installing the needed URP package, the missing reference can be provided by selecting the assembly definition of the
URP Helper(located under
Packages > com.wikitude.core > Editor > com.wikitude.core.Editor.asmdef) and adding the URP runtime reference to the
Assembly Definition References(the reference is called
# Wikitude SDK 9.5.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-12-01
- Faster initial recognition of Object Targets
- Faster overall tracking of Object Targets
- More accurate tracking of Object Targets in difficult situations
- Better alignment of augmentations for Image Targets
- Refinements for user experience for Unity Editor plugin
- The camera is no longer zoomed in on iOS devices with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- Upgrade to AR Foundation 4.0.9
- Frame synchronization when using AR Foundation is more accurate
- The unitypackage no longer contains references to assets from external packages
- Obsolete warning for ARFoundationPlugin in Unity Editor has been resolved
- Target name for alignment initialization changes correctly when target collection is changed
- Known issue with Mali G72 GPU using AR Foundation 4.0.8 is not observable anymore in this version.
# Wikitude SDK 9.4.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-10-21
- Support for Unity version 2019.4.10f1 LTS and newer.
- Support for AR Foundation version 4.0.8.
- Support for
Linear Color Space.
- A license key file workflow replaced the license key input field in the Wikitude SDK component.
- New sample: Transparent video
- Object Trackers initialize with fewer wrong poses
- The Live Preview component was extended with the option to use a video.
- Disabling and enabling a tracker does what it says now - disable and enable the tracker - instead of destroying and initializing the tracker and its target collection resource. See the (migration guide)for more information on that behaviour.
- Camera2 Support Level can now be set through the DeviceCamera Inspector as well.
- 3D Model Object Targets now work in the Unity Editor when using Metal or Direct3D.
- Continuous FoV updates are handled correctly now for iOS
- Fixed issue where the Object Tracker Inspector would break when the target collection was changed.
# Known Issues
- An obsolete method is called in
ARFoundationPlugin.csafter updating the AR Foundation package and a warning is thrown therefore. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
- On Android, the upgraded ARFoundation version 4.0.8 occasionally causes wrong renderings in the form of black textures. The issue was reproducible on a Samsung A50 and Samsung S9+ (likely caused by the Mali G72 GPU) during internal tests with Unity 2019.4.10f1.
# Wikitude SDK 9.3.1 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-09-17 Version: 9.3.1
- Compatibility with iOS 14
# Wikitude SDK 9.3 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-08-25 Version: 9.3.0
- Assisted Tracking available for all Object Targets
- Compatibility with 3rd party Unity plugin: NatCorder (opens new window)
- Accuracy for Alignment Initializer significantly improved
- Tracking for Object Targets built from 3D models significantly smoother
- Unity Editor: Improved Point Cloud preview inspector UI
- Unity Editor: Live Preview webcam wrong augmentation pose
- Unity Editor: Point Cloud preview is now properly destroyed upon unloading of a scene
- Unity Editor: Fixed issue where the alignment initializer toggle was disabled incorrectly
- Support for iOS 11. iOS 12 is now the new minimum supported version
- Support for Android 5.0. Android 5.1 is now the new minimum supported version
# Known Issues
- The object tracker component visualization may break after changing a target collection in the inspector. Choosing another GameObject in the scene hierarchy and then choosing the object tracker again fixes the issue.
# Wikitude SDK 9.2 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-07-09 Version: 9.2.0
- Alignment Initializer as alternative mode for object recognition.
- 3D models as input for generation of object targets (BETA).
- Assisted Tracking Image, Cylinder and Object Tracking are considerably more stable when running native integrated AR framework in parallel (e.g. ARCore and ARKit)
- Image Tracking now behaves more stable against short, fast movements
- Data communication with the Cloud Recognition version 2 service adapted, so that recognition accuracy is significantly improved (e.g. greater distance)
- Update OpenSSL to version 1.1.1
- Unity Editor handling of point clouds improved.
- Scale property for Image Target is correctly read in Unity
- iOS and Android safe areas are handled better for Unity samples
- Live Preview front camera improvements for Unity Editor
- Fixed Cloud Recognition issue where accuracy was worse when HD or FullHD resolutions were being used
# Wikitude SDK 9.1 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-05-19 Version: 9.1.0
- Added support for the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) and the
URP Helpertool to assist with converting sample scenes.
- Added a sample for multiple object tracking.
- Added mirroring options when using the webcam in the live preview.
- Set 60 frames per second as the sample scene target.
- Tracking is not lost when zooming camera
- Improvements to accuracy for Object Recognition
- Improved handling of first recognition for objects
- Improved alignment of augmentations for image tracking when rotating target
- Fixed unnecessary SDK calls in LivePreview improving runtime.
- Fixed issue where recording with third party recording plugins (like NatCorder) wouldn't work with a zoom applied.
- Sample scene main camera clear flags set to DepthOnly to avoid repeating warnings.
- Fixed Android related warnings, when not using Android as a build target.
- Camera permission denials are shown correctly on iOS and Android now.
- Fixed issue with the
Target Collection Editorwhere saving certain changes to a target was not working.
# Known Issues
- Gatekeeper in macOS Catalina flags the
UnityEditorMacOSBridge.bundleas damaged. Workaround can be found in the Setup Guide.
ClearPreviewCacheerror on entering Play mode because
PlayerSettings.SetGraphicsAPIfails on macOS Catalina (explained in the Setup Guide).
# Wikitude SDK 9.0 Expert Edition
Release Date: 2020-03-31 Version: 9.0.0
- Added support for auto-focus when using AR Bridge on Android.
- Added new sample showcasing multiple image tracking.
- Trial licenses no longer show a full-screen watermark.
- Fixed issue where the initial pose of a target was identity.
- Fixed an issue where the target pattern would not be applied correctly in some cases.
- Fixed plugins not working correctly on iOS when using OpenGL ES.
- Fixed an input plugin issue where strided data was not handled correctly on iOS.
- Fixed an issue where static images would not work correctly in the Live Preview.
- Fixed a crash on some Android devices that ocurred when the camera started.
# Wikitude SDK Expert Edition Beta 4
Release Date: 2020-02-19 Version: 0.4.0
- Upgrade to AR Foundation 3
- Upgrade to ARCore 1.15
- Changes in how camera permissions are handled in samples for Android.
- Faster tracking of multiple images
- Improved accuracy when recognizing image targets
- Explicit warning in case 64-bit for Android is not turned on.
- New optional error logging mechanism.
- New cylinder tracking sample that takes advantage of AR Bridge functionality.
- Multiple Cylinder Tracking is now more accurate when cylinders are close to each other.
- Multiple Object Tracking is now more accurate when objects are close to each other or overlap each other.
- Rotating the camera does not have an impact on recognition performance anymore.
- Fixes iOS crash when using OpenGL ES 2.
# Wikitude SDK Expert Edition Beta 3
Release Date: 2019-12-16 Version: 0.3.0
- Several improvements to cylinder recognition accuracy and tracking stability.
- Update to ARCore 1.9 using auto-focus and HD camera frames.
- Support for multiple object targets at the same time.
- Support for duplicate object targets at the same time.
- Improved accuracy for recognition and tracking of image targets.
- Preview of cylinder targets in Unity Editor.
- Support for Unity version 2019.3 and newer.
- Issue where the the SDK was crashing on Android when receiving a wrong camera frame when not using camera2. An error will now be reported through camera callbacks.
- Target Collection Editor down-scaled image targets wrongly, leading to poor recognition.
- Issue where the point cloud preview would not disappear anymore after entering play mode.
- Issue where OpenGL ES 3 did not work correctly on iOS.
# Known Issues
- Some Image Targets in zip files show worse behaviour when rotating camera.
- Image recognition may perform worse on low-end iOS devices when using Unity 2019.2 or newer.
# Wikitude SDK Expert Edition Beta 2
Release Date: 2019-11-05 Version: 0.2.0
- Support for Cylinder Targets
- Working with Cylinder Targets in Unity Editor
- Visualization of wto in Unity Editor
- Samples now use .zip file instead of wtc files
- Significant reduction of memory consumption for all trackers
- Issue in Unity Editor when using Live Preview
- Swimming of augmentations when using AR Foundation
- QR plugin slow in reading QR codes
# Known Issues
- Cylinder Tracking sometimes flickers and is not as stable as plain Image Tracking (will be fixed in next release)
- When using AR Core, the screen resolution is poor
- Image Recognition on iPad6 is failing
# Wikitude SDK Expert Edition Beta 1
Release Date: 2019-10-09 Version: 0.1.0
- Combine Image and Object Tracking in the same experience.
- Use Image and Object Trackers in combination with ARKit or ARCore tracking.
- Use Image and Object Trackers in combination with AR Foundation.
- Allows using real-world scale augmentations through the new Absolute Scaling Workflow in the Image Trackable, provided that image targets have the correct physical target height specified.
- Fixes very slow video rendering when using Live Preview on a newer MacBook Pro.
# Known Issues
- When running with AR Foundation, augmentations might appear to be floating and not entirely anchored to their physical target, especially on Android devices.