Software Engineer – AR Unity 3D (m/f/d; full-time)
For our team in Salzburg/Vienna (Austria), we are looking for a highly motivated AR Software Engineer with specialization in Unity . You will work on Wikitude’s Unity plugin for its augmented reality SDK. This includes working on features for Unity Editor, the AR SDK itself, novel demo experiences in the field of augmented reality. Organized according to the best agile methodology, our team is working on essential areas of augmented reality for mobile and future platforms . As a member of the Wikitude SDK engineering team you will be trusted to create solutions for various areas of the augmented reality SDK.
Responsibilities we’ll trust you with
- With other developers in mind define, implement and test new features in the Unity portion of the Wikitude SDK
- Expose new functionalities from our computer vision system within the SDK
- Talk with Unity experts on the customer and partner side to understand their requirements and with that directly influence the roadmap of Wikitude’s core products.
- Software development from design to coding and testing
- Build demo experiences and samples in Unity showcasing functionality of the Wikitude SDK
- Contribute to core elements of Wikitude’s success on the market
What makes you the right match:
- A passion for software development, writing optimized code and using cutting edge technologies.
- Applied and proven experience in developing software in general but especially for Unity (C#)
- Worked previously on VR or AR projects
- Previous experience in working with underlying C++ libraries is a plus
- Experience with development for Unreal Engine is a plus
- Previous experience with development for mobile platforms (Android, iOS) or wearable devices (HoloLens, Magic Leap) are a plus
- You have the opportunity to bring Wikitude’s core products to the next level
- Working with an international and highly experienced team
- Get first-hand insight from the exciting augmented reality industry
- Fun company events
- Meal and sports vouchers
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home-office
Access the Life at Wikitude page to get an idea of what it is like to be part of our team.
For this position, the monthly gross salary starts at € 3,200 for 38.5h a week, generally the Collective Bargaining Agreement for IT 2020 is applicable. Depending on qualifications and experience, a higher salary is possible. Applicants with working permits for the European Union are encouraged to apply.
Wikitude GmbH is the renowned pioneer of mobile augmented reality (AR) technology and the company behind a number of award winning AR solutions for smartphones, tablets and wearable display technologies. Its fully in-house developed AR solution is available in the Wikitude AR SDK and Wikitude Studio, and enables thousands of apps, brands, agencies, developers and AR enthusiasts to achieve their project goals. With tens of thousands of developer accounts and published AR apps, Wikitude is the globally leading AR technology platform.Learn more