This update includes compatibility for both operating systems, fix for reported issues and new features!
- Compatibility with Android 7.0 and iOS 10: so you can have your Android and iOS apps running smoothly in both OSs.
- Fix for potential problems on IPv6/NAT64 networks on iOS: back in May, Apple announced the transition to IPv6-only network services. Our update enables all apps powered by Wikitude to comply with this requirement.
- Fully compliant with App Transport Security (ATS) guidelines: by the end of this year, Apple will require network connections to be secured through HTTPS for any submitted iOS app (ATS). We’ve gone one step ahead and already adapted our SDK for this upcoming requirement.
- Input Plugins now available for Unity
- New in SDK 5.3 feature: introducing Positionables
For example, if you are using a third party library, such as a face detection plugin, you can detect one’s face and place any AR content from the Wikitude SDK directly on it! The same goes for any third-party library, such as Barcode readers, QR code scanners, OCR and more!
This is the last release for our SDK 5 series, which means you can get really excited for what’s coming next!