16 August, 2021
- Publish in Wikitude App: deprecated feature has been removed
08 September, 2020
- Studio API reference update (client generation, endpoint improvements)
- The WTO generation e-mail now contains the number of included Object Targets
15 July, 2020
- Image views for new Object Targets can be visualized in the Studio Editor
- Old CloudArchives v1.0 are updated to v2.0 on generation without downtime on the recognition side
- We increased the file size limit of WTO files to 20MB
- CloudArchive version on initial creation defaults to 2.0
- Object Target name was invisible during the processing
16 June, 2020
- The cloud archive version info is displayed when hovering over the cloud icon, in the project properties, and the cloud dialog
- Turn off deprecated SDK 7.0 video-based Object Target creation
- Validation of WTO file size and error message in the WTO upload dialog
- Prevent the upload of images when exceeding limit for WTO generation before the actual upload
- Renaming of Object Targets failed when the real world scale is not defined
- Fixed the failing upload of specific WTO files
- Cloud publish/unpublish did not work in project view
08 October, 2019
- Support for Image Targets with transparency (region EU)
- Stability Improvements
- Users can now browse over 100 targets at a time
21 August, 2019
- A JSON editor was added to the "Create Project" dialog.
- The limit for images on object target creation was increased from 30 to 50.
- The design was updated.
- In Studio Editor, the transform control was updated.
- In Studio Editor, the augmentation selection behavior was improved.
- In Studio Editor, setting smaller values in the property panel was not possible and is now fixed.
02 July, 2019
- In Studio Editor, a view option to show a ruler was added.
- In Studio Editor, the size of the selected augmentation is now displayed.
- After creating a project, it is automatically opened.
- Some icons were replaced to be more consistent.
- In Studio Editor, the perspective cube did not display while the target was loading. Now it is immediately displayed.
18 June, 2019
- In the Studio Editor, the orientation of the axis is displayed.
- Point clouds can now be scaled.
- In the Studio Editor, the transformation buttons are only displayed if available.
- The help menu was replaced with a link to the Documentation.
- When displaying the grid, it was not scaled correctly, this was fixed.
23 May, 2019
- A new WTC format for Image Target Collections was added.
- Object Targets can now have a real-world scale.
- When creating a project, the name was not validated, this was fixed.
- When creating a project, it could happen that is was created twice, this was fixed.
11 March, 2019
- The Object Target extension flow now supports automatic FOV (Field of View) handling.
- Japanese translations have been updated.
25 February, 2019
- If images used for Object Target creation include specific metadata, the Field of view (FOV) is selected automatically during the creation process.
- WTO-based targets show a thumbnail, when available.
- When the browser window reloaded during Object Target processing, the view didn't update after the creation finished. This is no longer the case.
- When immediately downloading the offline project after changes to an Object Target collection, the export sometimes failed. That has been fixed.
11 February, 2019
- Images for Object Target creation are limited to a pixel count of 27 Megapixels.
- The recognition and tracking quality has been improved.
- Where in some cases Object Target extension didn’t work, it does now.
29 January, 2019
- Object Targets can now be renamed
- After extending an Object Target, the target was renamed. Now Object Targets keep their initial name.
- After extending an Object Target, the WTO file wasn't updated. Now the WTO is updated after extension.
16 January, 2019
- Object Targets can now be extended with more image files to improve tracking and recognition quality.
- Occlusion support for 3D augmentations
- The process for generating Object Targets has been improved. The generation can match images successfully in many more cases. For you, this means success in more cases.
- Accuracy of the generated Object Targets has been improved by fine-tuning the conversion process. This results in higher success rate when it comes to recognizing the actual object but also a more accurate detection.
- The FoV list has been updated with new device entries.
- Checkbox and radio button labels inside the Wikitude Editor properties panel are now clickable.
23 October, 2018
- The group ID is displayed after publishing a project for cloud recognition.
- Special characters can now be used in target collection names.
- Wikitude Studio redirects directly to the login page after being logged out.
- Renaming of augmentations is saved.
27 September, 2018
- Rendering failure in Studio Editor after opening it multiple times was fixed.
17 September, 2018
- Object Targets can be created by uploading a WTO file.
- Object Target project files can be downloaded for offline use.
- Object Target projects can be published in the Wikitude App.
- Object Target projects can be made public by hosting them on Wikitude servers.
- The point cloud editor shows degrees for rotation values.
- A rendering issue resulting from the order of augmentations was fixed.
- Augmentations can again be deleted by using the backspace shortcut.
07 August, 2018
- Object Targets can be edited after they have been created. In Studio Editor, the point cloud of Object Targets can be rotated and moved around the origin according to your needs.
- The augmentation panel displays a separate entry for the point cloud of an Object Target
- Augmentations can be renamed
- Newly created Object Targets will be displayed with higher density in Studio Editor. This helps to better visualize the recorded object
- Error messages on Object Target generation were improved.
29 May, 2018
- Object Targets can now be created using image-based conversion method. Uploading multiple images will generate a more accurate Target compared to video-based conversion
- Switch on/off object target point cloud colors in Editor
- Image targets display a cloud icon, indicating if they are published via cloud recognition or not
- Adding a new target to a target collection already published via cloud recognition would not publish the new target automatically
- "Publish in Wikitude app" export option caused an error
12 March, 2018
- Indicator in the user menu announces new features
- Documentation is updated and deployed
- Drag-and-drop file uploaders restrict file selection to valid types
- Consistent UI for all dialogs
- Feedback button moved to the user menu
- Improvements to object target point cloud visualization
- Google Analytics tracking code validation would not allow valid codes
- Video augmentation upload dialog wasn't displaying content
- Image target sorting is working again
- Exporting projects with external video URLs no longer downloads the video source
12 February, 2018
- Publish in Wikitude App: allows you to publish your AR projects created in the Studio Editor in the Wikitude app
- Hosting: allows you to host your Studio Editor projects in a public web folder
- Storage usage visualization
29 January, 2018
- New JSON editor for target metadata integrated
- Higher availability of Cloud Recognition service
- Display spinner while 3D model is being loaded
- Object target creation via drag\'n\'drop supported
- Target tile layout improved
- Search target by name fixed
- Removes invalid paths in downloaded Studio project
- Fixes object target progress state
19 December, 2017
- The What’s New dialog will be listing new features, improvements and bug fixes after each release.
- The Studio Editor 3D view now supports camera panning.
- The zoom out value in the Studio Editor 3D view was increased.
- The upload limit for object target videos was increased to 100MB.
- The target id was added to the details dialog.
- Uploading multiple object targets with the same name lead to inconsistent behavior and is no longer possible.
- A non-existent project URL caused a broken view and redirects to the project page now.