The following examples should give you an overview of the capabilities offered by the Wikitude SDK. Each sample is capable of running without modifications on all supported platforms.
The Sample App is a fully functional sample project either for Android or iOS. You can easily import it into Android Studio or Xcode and work from there. The user interface is kept very simple and shows a list to select the sample you are interested.
Wikitude SDK Android Native API Examples
This section describes the
Native SDK Sample project in detail and highlights the main features and use-cases of the Wikitude SDK.
The project is part of the SDK bundle and is an Android Studio project, ready to run on any of the supported Android devices.
Note: You cannot run the Wikitude SDK project on an Android Emulator due to OpenGL restrictions.
Run through the setup guide, install the sample project on your device and scroll through the sample list.
- Download latest Android SDK through the Android Studio Bundle (either Mac OS or Windows)
- From the main menu bar, select
Openwhich will open the import wizard.
- Navigate to the
NativeSDKExamplesproject folder from the package you downloaded from us.
Chooseto open the Example project.
- Use an Android device that has all hard- and software requirements (see Supported Devices).
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Plug in the device via USB.
- Back in Android Studio click on the green "Play"-Button to install the Example application on your device.