Backend Software Engineer (full-time)Wikitude has an immediate opening for a Backend Software Engineer (full-time) in Salzburg, Austria, who will work in the Wikitude engineering team. Our technology platforms and web solutions operate at the cutting edge of Cloud Technology, Microservices and MEAN world. Organized according to the best Agile Methodology, our team is powered by a multitude of different solutions such as Docker, GlusterFS, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, Node.js and more. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who contributes to define, implement and maintain highly, scalable, distributed and resilient software applications. Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from design to coding and testing. Your code will be hit by thousands of clients and will runs in a ecosystem composed of several interconnected applications which collaborate to deliver a great value for end users. You have the opportunity to bring Wikitude’s core products to the next level. The position will have the added benefit of working with a young, dynamic, international and highly experienced team in the flexible environment of an emerging startup.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- A passion for software development and using cutting edge technologies
- A Master of Science degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with MongoDB or other noSQL solution
- Experience with MySQL or other relational database
- You have an interest to learn how to manage a complex IT Infrastructure based on cloud services.
Answering “Yes” to one or more of the following statements will be considered a plus:
- I know how to write performance-optimized, distributable backend applications.
- I have already worked with Docker
- I have already worked with RabbitMQ or similar asynchronous message queues
- I have already worked with GlusterFS
- I have experience with Linux and remote management
- I have experience with AWS